The adventure starts with Cub Scouting, a year-round family program designed for boys in the 1st through 5th grades, or roughly 7 to 10 years of age. The program emphasizes shared leadership, learning about the community, family understanding, character development, citizenship training, and personal fitness. Boys meet typically once a month for a den meeting (boys in their grade) and for a pack meeting (all boys grades 1-5.) Throughout the year, there are exciting overnight outings (accompanied by parents) at places like the Museum of Science, Battleship Cove, and Nobscot Reservation. Boys work on age-appropriate achievements at home, and earn badges and pins which are awarded at pack meetings.
Young boys grow up fast. Give your son a valuable gift by encouraging him to join Cub Scouting today. The time you invest in him today will make a difference in the person he becomes tomorrow.
Pack 140 welcomes ALL boys and ALL families.
2015-16: Recruiting night for Cub/Boy Scouts, Sept 11, 6:30 PM, Wellesley Community Center, 219 Washington St. Model Rocket Launch, Sept 12, 5:00 PM, Sprague Fields. First Pack Meeting, Sept 15, 6:45 PM, also at Wellesley Community Center.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Visitors are always welcome at our monthly pack meetings.
It was another year of fun scouting activities with Pack 140 with the boys and parent-volunteers. Highlights include:
- Model Rockets Blast-Off led by Jeff Piazza
- The Nobscot Overnight led by Bruce MacKinnon
- Popcorn-Selling Door-to-Door & Roche Bros. led by Cathleen Dehn
- Scouting-for-Food Service Project led by Jenn Fallon & Nikki Moore
- Museum of Science Overnight led by Ishan Capila
- Blue & Gold Banquet "Graduating" 5th Graders to Boy Scouts - hosted by 4th Grade Webelos 1
- The Pinewood Derby led by Jeff Piazza
- Pawtucket PawSox Overnight led by Bruce MacKinnon
- Wellesley Wonderful Weekend Parade March with the "Cub Mobile" & Ice Cream led by Steve Mendes and Linda Keenan
- Memorial Day Flag Handouts at School - led by Laura Brown-MacKinnon/Jeff Piazza
Pack meetings typically happen on Monday evenings. Here's a sample of some of the sessions:
- September - welcome and orientation - new scouts come join in!
- October - visit to the Wellesley Food Pantry, plus boy-friendly games
- November - mock elections where the kids vote, adults cannot
- January - scout relays and tug-of-war - all parents assist!
- February - the annual Blue and Gold Banquet
- March - Pinewood Derby hints and tips session
- April - visit to the Wellesley fire house and presentation by firefighters
- May - Bridge building, and demolition!
- June - be prepared! Learning how to stay safe and use 911.